Thursday, June 04, 2009

My Shameless Coup at TWITTER.

Share this ARTICLE with your colleagues on LinkedIn .



Dear Friends (and I know that your numbers are dwindling):

I have nothing to post at this moment. So... At ease, soldiers.

While we make camp, I would like to share (with you...that's right...you, over there!) what I feel is the ultimate 140 character Twitter Post. Twitter, the internet's most highly-acclaimed social media [i.e., noisemaking] apparatus, only gives you 140 characters within which to answer the age-old philosophical conundrum: What are you doing now?

Here's the post, which is a thinly-veiled solicitation for business networkers and relationship-builders throughout the known universe to follow THE NATIONAL NETWORKER's announcement page on Twitter. My gift for subtlety will immediately become apparent:

Follow us and get somewhere! http://twitter.com/TNNW_BUZZWORKS. Newsletter. Services. Relationships. And longer urls! #TNNW (Really.)

How about it, folks? In less than 140 characters, where even your s p a c e s are counted as characters, I perpetrated a "stealth advertisement insertion."

Do I deserve the day off?

Faithfully,

Douglas Castle*
*The "e" in my last name is silent, like the "p" in "swimming".

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG ARCHIVE

Bookmark and Share