Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Job Nobody Wants

Share this ARTICLE with your colleagues on LinkedIn .



The Job Nobody Wants

Situations Force some of us to Lead, and the Rest of us to Either Hide or Complain.

Dear B:

Thank you so much for your concern and support.

I know that you understand.

Sometimes difficult situations are foist upon us because actions must be taken or problems must be solved ... and no other volunteer steps forward to meet the challenge. Our reactions define us. 

I did not ask for leadership -- it was imposed upon me as a condition precedent to achieving something good, lasting and greater than myself. My motivation is not selfish, or ego-driven. It is a hunger for accomplishment. It is born of a compassion for the suffering of Humankind that I would want to make things better.

More than any of  this, it is a desperate need for redemption that cries out through me.

Always,

Douglas Castle

Labels, Tags and Key Terms: leadership, rising to address circumstances, leaders and followers, whiners versus winners, hard choices, drawing lines, situations which define us, The 1%, Articles by Douglas castle, Taking Command, The National Networker Newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG ARCHIVE

Bookmark and Share